Top Cloud Computing Certifications in India
Here are the most popular cloud computing certifications you should explore.
With the rapid growth in the cloud computing market, the hype around it is turning into reality.
The cloud is changing the fundamental nature of how business gets done. Most of the businesses globally have either moved their apps in the cloud or planning to do it.
In India, cloud computing has launched itself into the skies and is likely to stay there for a long time to come.
Let's look at the numbers that reflect the growing trend of cloud computing in the Indian market:
• According to Gartner, the cloud market will reach over $3 billion by 2016. This is almost five-fold increase from 2012.
• Almost 68 percent of SMBs have resorted to cloud computing.
• As per another report, if all the SMBs adopt cloud, the market could reach $56 billion. This can create an 1.1 million jobs soon.
• India Inc has announced Rs. 4.5 lakh crore towards Digital India. This is likely to create employment for some 18 lakh people. A good chunk of it will be in cloud computing.
The impact of cloud computing on enterprise IT is evident.
Cloud computing is still new, so it is difficult to hire the right employees.
This means more career opportunities for the right candidate. But to stay competitive, the IT professionals will need to certify their skills.
We have identified a few good cloud-related certifications that can hone your skills.
These certifications will help you measure your skills and knowledge against industry benchmarks. Also, your employer will get to know that you have the right mix of skill, knowledge, and expertise.
So, here is the information you were looking for:
EMC Cloud Architect (EMCCA)
EMC has introduced cloud qualification courses for the designers, consultants, and architects under the banner EMC Cloud Architect (EMCCA).
Having this cloud solution certification will do well to those who are interested in:
• Virtualized data centers - storage, servers, applications, networks, and their services.
• Cloud implementations – migration, creation, and functioning
• Combining traditional data centers with virtual design and construction (VDC) and cloud infrastructures extension.
EMC is one of the best companies in the cloud computing market.
Now, this makes the EMC Cloud Architect certificate quite valuable. This certification can help you fulfill the requirements as cloud architects and advisers.
The EMC Cloud Architect certification includes the following courses:
• At Associate level - Cloud Infrastructure and Services
• At Specialist Level - Virtualized Data Center and Cloud Infrastructure
• At Expert level – IT as a Service Planning and Design
At Associate Level EMC Cloud Infrastructure and Services Certification
This course aims to educate the students on cloud deployment and infrastructure.
It also covers the key considerations in shifting to the cloud. The course includes key technologies for building traditional, virtualized, and cloud data centre settings.
At Specialist Level - Virtualized Data Centre (VDC) and Cloud Infrastructure
This course covers details for designing and migrating to a VDC and cloud surroundings.
It aims to help the professionals plan VDC and cloud design while maintaining vigorous storage and network environments.
The course focuses on key components and principles of VDC and cloud operations.
At Expert Level – IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) Planning and Design
This course offers the understanding and skills essential foe designing the cloud-based ITaaS solutions.
It focuses on organizational, business, governance, and technology management characteristic from a design-centric viewpoint.
VMware is a chief virtualization and cloud service provider. The company’s virtualization solutions acts as groundwork for most of the hybrid clouds.
VMware offers certifications based on cloud core curriculum. There are two certifications offered:
• VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5
• VMware Certified Advanced Professional on vSphere 5
IT Infrastructure Management Specialist Course (ITIM) by IIJT
The ITIM Specialist Course is available at all IIJT institutes globally. The duration of the course is 420 hours that spans around eleven months.
The candidate requires a degree in 10+2, along with A+ and Network+ to submit an application.
The individuals can apply for jobs in the storage and data management fields after completing this course. IIJT also trains its students via satellite.
CompTIA A+ certification
The CompTIA A+ certification helps an individual to understand the most common hardware and software technologies.
It certifies the skills necessary to support complex IT infrastructures. CompTIA A+ is a powerful course that helps IT professionals ignite their IT career.
The course establishes best practices in troubleshooting, networking, and security to set the stage for IT careers. The employers trust this certification and the industry supports it.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
This course offers a range of education choices to assist you become expert on AWS.
This course provides technical training and the chance to learn from the AWS professionals.
While the AWS Certification exams do not have class fundamentals, there are AWS Certification Exam Readiness Workshops that can help you prepare.
Associate exam is intended for people who demand knowledge on designing distributed applications and systems on the AWS platform.
The candidate should understand the following concepts before the exam:
• Designing and organizing scalable, easily obtainable, and error tolerant systems on AWS.
• Lift and alter of an active on-premises application to AWS.
• Opening and closing of data to and from AWS.
• Choosing the suitable AWS service based on information, database, compute, or security needs.
Eligible applicants for this exam must have -
• A couple of years of practical experience designing obtainable, fault tolerant, cost efficient, and scalable spread systems on AWS.
• Knowledge of at least one encoding language
• Aptitude to recognize and describe needs for an AWS-based application.
• Knowledge and understanding of installing hybrid systems with AWS components.
Diploma in Cloud Security Knowledge
Cloud security is the most vital factor that concerns businesses before they shift to the cloud.
When talking about the cloud, it is important to talk about the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) which is a member-driven organization.
It is an open forum for professionals and aims to promote the use of best practices for providing security within the cloud.
CSA enables the members to collaborate and improve upon security paradigms.
The CSA has a catalog of security best practices known as the “Security Guidance for Critical Areas of Focus in Cloud Computing, V2.1.”
The European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) whitepaper “Cloud Computing: Benefits, Risks and Recommendations for Information Security” contributes to the cloud security body of knowledge.
The CSA has introduced the industry’s first examination and certification related to cloud security - The Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK).
This examination confirms that an individual has completed an examination covering the key concepts of the CSA guidance and the ENISA whitepaper.
So which one do you plan to go for? Do share your thoughts and preference with us below.